We are in search of Welders for our El Reno, OK, production campus.
Lay out, fit, fabricate, and wire feed (MIG) weld standard aluminum or steel components to assemble structural forms.
- MIG and TIG welding with distances not greater than 12 inches.
- Weld straight to prevent minimal curving.
- Verifies welding results by inspecting and testing welds.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, diagrams, and schematics. Is also able to work from sketches or verbal instructions.
- Bolt, clamp, and tack-weld parts to secure in position for welding.
- Performs sanitary welding and fitting of parts.
- Maintains safe work environment by following procedures.
- Learns and supports lean manufacturing concepts and methods, including cell setup, value stream mapping for efficient product flow.
- Makes adjustments within procedural limits to fine tune the process in order to achieve product conformance.
- Maintains appropriate knowledge and ability levels to efficiently perform all assigned work and utilize this knowledge base to become proficient on new/unfamiliar assignments.
- Maintains a high level of satisfactory performance while following appropriate procedures and observing all pertinent safety rules and requirements.
- Maintains a high level of welding quality as documented by actual reject/nonconformance charting.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write, understand instructions, procedures, drawings, and blueprints.
- Able to accurately read a tape measure
- Operate basic hand tools
Equipment to be Used:
- Chop Saw
- Drill Press
- Hand Tools
- Prolonged standing, squatting, and twisting.
- Regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds
- Repetitive grasping on a frequent basis
- Bending at the waist
- Climbing on ladders and reaching overhead
- Kneeling on a frequent basis
- Metal fumes
- Toxic gases
- Infrared and ultraviolet radiation
- Excessive exposure to heat-related hazards
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Welding helmets, goggles, or other eye protectors with special filter lenses.
- Ear plugs or earmuffs
- Respiratory protection when engineering/work practice controls are not enough to reduce exposure.
- Steel or composite safety boot
- Competitive starting wages
- Full benefits program
- Paid holidays, vacation, and personal time.
Apply in-person at Sooner Trailers at 900 Trail Blvd., El Reno, OK.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.